Cameron: Updated with GofundMe link.

I'm so sorry! As Diana said, we are all pulling for him, and for you and Dianna as well. Life isn't fair.

I'm so sorry! As Diana said, we are all pulling for him, and for you and Dianna as well. Life isn't fair.
Thank you my friend, all of my friends. Cameron went in at around 11:30 this morning and his surgeon took a little over an hour. He said one of the internal sutures on the right side had come loose and that is what was causing issues. He put in new internal sutures that I think he called reinforcement sutures. Said they went all the the way through the abdominal wall and maybe some muscle on both side of the incision line. Said it would take tension off the main incision to help it heal. He also put in staples over top of the internal sutures and left a tiny drain hole. He is going to be in hospital for at least 2 days, and I am confident this will be a good fix.

This is the Dr who did the initial resection of the lymph node that was found to have lymphoma. I remember him telling us that Cameron had cancer and I swear it hurt him as much to tell us as it did for us to hear it. He is a good guy and good surgeon. He repaired a hernia for Cameron 3 months ago and he also did a minor procedure on my Dad a few years ago.

Anyway, Cameron is resting now and hopefully his pain is controlled. I am just so glad that wound isn't wide freaking open anymore. I have never seen anything like it and it just didn't make sense to me...but we are on the good side now, I am feeling.

Last edited:
Sounds good, Scott! I bet that open wound freaked Cameron out, too. Let the healing commence!

Scott, I'm glad he's in good hands and sorry for all of his stress and pain. Wishing you all the best!

Sounds good, Scott! I bet that open wound freaked Cameron out, too. Let the healing commence!
It did. He said when he first looked down and saw the two huge holes where the other surgeon dug out clots and that his girlfriend had to change the dressing all this past, well he said he almost passed out. Nothing like this has every remotely made him queasy ....this did. I just do't know what the other surgeon was thinking. Oh well. Thanks my friend!

Scott, Cameron...I know you both know this, but this just sucks. It sucks big, green, slimy, slug-looking things. This shit must stop.

Sue

My goodness he has not had it way/ but it sounds like he is finally headed toward some greener pastures! Glad to hear he is all closed up and ready to start healing. He is lucky to have such a supportive family and gf by his side through all of this

Wishing you all the best!

Thank you for telling us this. It isn't fun to hear about this, yet I'm glad you're comfortable with sharing it with us. It does a world of good to talk about things. We can swing a chicken with the best of them.

My goodness he has not had it way/ but it sounds like he is finally headed toward some greener pastures! Glad to hear he is all closed up and ready to start healing. He is lucky to have such a supportive family and gf by his side through all of this

Wishing you all the best!
That is very sweet. Thank you.

He isn't quite there yet but the second surgery definitely fixed things and he is doing much better and is back to work.

Thank you for telling us this. It isn't fun to hear about this, yet I'm glad you're comfortable with sharing it with us. It does a world of good to talk about things. We can swing a chicken with the best of them.
Absolutely. I know I am not here much the last 9 months, but I love all of you here. You are one of the many good people here.

I hate doing this and hope that I am not violating any rules and if I am, please take it down Liz. Cameron is under a great deal of financial stress due to all of his medical history and the current stress of these two surgeries so I started this GOFUNDME page to help him. I have been disappointed that he hasn't had many contributions but I am thankful for those who did. One of his friends from high school gave him $500 which was way too much but what a great gesture by a great guy. A few bucks from anyone is appreciated. Please give a couple bucks if you can afford it and if not please share the link and hopefully others who can spare a few $ can contribute. Thank you my DS family.

Latest posts

Back