Calcium and Magnesium: Together or apart?

Last was 38. I've attached a little graph with my latest areas of concern. if that helps.

Attachments

• Problem results.pdf
    58.5 KB · Views: 4
That is why your PTH is probably low. Your D is quite low. Get that puppy up to around 100 and the PTH will drop. That is why I get the Vitamin D injection every 6 months and still have to take 200k daily. The injection will pop you up quickly and PTH ,down accordingly. At least it did for me.

Thanks. I'm definitely working in that. If I can't get Kaiser to do it, I will got to Dr. K. In the meantime, even though it's going to be a pain, I'm going to separate out all my calcium and copper doses. My copper is dropping precipitously and by separating out the calcium I'm hoping the magnesium will go up, too (Which I understand helps D which, in turn, helps lower PTH). Got Mag Clycanate on order. Is that the same as glucanate?

Not sure about the mag. I just know they tell me the mag bisglycinate is the best. They really do rave about that stuff I posted earlier but they say bisglycinate is important??? I haven't taken it yet but they say it helps with D.

BTW you can order the D yourself from pharmacy in the LA area who Dr k had formy late for him. A lady in Washington told me she gets it delivered for $35 and without a script. That pharmacy info is on Dr K's site if you search injectable d3

Regarding your copper be careful hammering it too hard because if you drive it up too high your zinc will tank. Those two are a very tr I cky balance for me to keep both in range.

This is what I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...title_srh_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A35ALG3YA78R28

The pharmacy is Central Drug Compounding Pharmacy in La Habra. So just order it directly from the pharmacy and have my nurse friend inject me?
Yep that should work. It literally takes about 3 seconds. They tell me it is thick so you will need a low gauge needle (think lower is bigger. So whatever us bigger diameter). I get an energy boost within 24 hours too so double whammy. That place makes the A as well so if you have any trouble keeping the A up keep that in your back pocket.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Magnesium bisglycinate is supposed to be really good stuff accirding to Dr Caya on Dr K's group. I keep forgetting to order it. It supposedly helps with K absorption as well.

This stuff is supposedly great stuff . https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019...736092&sr=8-8&keywords=magnesium+bisglycinate

As far together or separate I always hear to take calcium separate from everything

This is a GREAT price on NutriElite! I ususally buy it from the NutriElite website because it's cheaper. If I order with my debit card my bank charges me a 3.00 international fee because it gets charged through Canada even though their contact address is in Las Vegas. If I buy it with my credit card I don't get charged the fee. So I pay the month to my credit card and use that to purchase the Magnesium. I just bought 6 bottles off their website and used a 20% off coupon for signing up for their emails and got them all for 76.75, which makes them 12.79 a bottle. Not bad at all when sometimes the price can be over 30 dollars a bottle.

I love that the capsules are small and easy to swallow. And yes I separate my magnesium from all my other meds, except my Heme Iron. Mag and Heme Iron together, 2 hours from my other vites.

My PTH was 87 in July last year. Each day I take 2000 mg of Jarrow Bone-Up, 1000 mg of NutriElite magnesium biglycinate (separated) and 1000 mcg of Vitamin K2 and 50,000 iu of Vitamin D. Until I separated the mag and upped my K2 it didn't do much. I changed those 2 things after my labs in Feb and in May my PTH was 37. Mind you.....this was while I was pre-op. I had surgery June 10th and I desperately wanted to get my PTH down before surgery. It will be interesting to see where it is at with my first post-op labs.

This is what I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...title_srh_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A35ALG3YA78R28

The pharmacy is Central Drug Compounding Pharmacy in La Habra. So just order it directly from the pharmacy and have my nurse friend inject me?
Hey Mark

Dawn from Dr K's office and group on FB just messaged me and told me central won't sell OTC any longer (if they ever did). They have to have a prescription to sell the Vitamin D injectable now.

Sorry for the misinformation and wanted to clear that up.

This is a GREAT price on NutriElite! I ususally buy it from the NutriElite website because it's cheaper. If I order with my debit card my bank charges me a 3.00 international fee because it gets charged through Canada even though their contact address is in Las Vegas. If I buy it with my credit card I don't get charged the fee. So I pay the month to my credit card and use that to purchase the Magnesium. I just bought 6 bottles off their website and used a 20% off coupon for signing up for their emails and got them all for 76.75, which makes them 12.79 a bottle. Not bad at all when sometimes the price can be over 30 dollars a bottle.

I love that the capsules are small and easy to swallow. And yes I separate my magnesium from all my other meds, except my Heme Iron. Mag and Heme Iron together, 2 hours from my other vites.

My PTH was 87 in July last year. Each day I take 2000 mg of Jarrow Bone-Up, 1000 mg of NutriElite magnesium biglycinate (separated) and 1000 mcg of Vitamin K2 and 50,000 iu of Vitamin D. Until I separated the mag and upped my K2 it didn't do much. I changed those 2 things after my labs in Feb and in May my PTH was 37. Mind you.....this was while I was pre-op. I had surgery June 10th and I desperately wanted to get my PTH down before surgery. It will be interesting to see where it is at with my first post-op labs.
Thanks for the tip. Do you mean you separated your magnesium from everything, or just from the calcium?

Thanks. I'm definitely working in that. If I can't get Kaiser to do it, I will got to Dr. K. In the meantime, even though it's going to be a pain, I'm going to separate out all my calcium and copper doses. My copper is dropping precipitously and by separating out the calcium I'm hoping the magnesium will go up, too (Which I understand helps D which, in turn, helps lower PTH). Got Mag Clycanate on order. Is that the same as glucanate?
NO mag glutonate is NOT the same as glycinate.

This is my vitamin schedule:

Morning - 3 pills
1 Armour Thyroid 30 mg
1 Probiotic
1 Esomeprazole 40 mg

8 AM - 6 pills
2 Calcium Hydroxyapatite 500 mg (Jarrow Bone Up)
1 Copper 2 mg
1 Vitamin C 500 mg
1 Vitamin E 400 mg
1 Vitamin K2-M7 500 mcg

10 AM - 3 pills
2 Mag Biglycinate 400 mg (NutriElite)
1 Heme Iron 10.5 mg (Proferrin - and I break them in half)

12 PM - 6 pills
1 Biotin
1 Multivitamin
1 Vitamin D3 50,000 iu- sm white cap
1 Vitamin E 400 mg

2 PM - 3 pills

4 PM - 7 pills
1 Estradial 2 mg
1 Multivitamin
1 Vitamin C 500 mg
1 Vitamin K1 1000 mg
1 Zinc 50 mg

6 PM - 3 pills

8 PM - 5 pills
1 Vitamin A 25,000 iu
1 Vitamin K2-M7 500 mcg
1 Zinc 50 mg

Bedtime
3 Klonopin 1 mg

Last edited:

Morning - 3 pills
1 Armour Thyroid 30 mg
1 Probiotic
1 Esomeprazole 40 mg

8 AM - 6 pills
1 Copper 2 mg
1 Vitamin C 500 mg
1 Vitamin E 400 mg
1 Vitamin K2-M7 500 mcg

10 AM - 3 pills

12 PM - 6 pills
1 Biotin
1 Multivitamin
1 Vitamin E 400 mg

2 PM - 3 pills

4 PM - 7 pills
1 Estradial 2 mg
1 Multivitamin
1 Vitamin C 500 mg
1 Vitamin K1 1000 mg
1 Zinc 50 mg

6 PM - 3 pills

8 PM - 5 pills
1 Vitamin A 25,000 iu
1 Vitamin K2-M7 500 mcg
1 Zinc 50 mg

Bedtime
3 Klonopin 1 mg

Wow. That's quite a list there! I've never heard of separating magnesium from other supplements. Calcium, yes as it seems to have a "Me First" personality. Regardless, hopefully that will continue working for you. I'll be curious to see your next lab results.

Speaking of which, I wish somebody was smart enough to figure out a way to cull our supplement schedule with lab results to try to arrive at some conclusions about what works and doesn't for DS people. That would be some incredible valuable information!

Wow. That's quite a list there! I've never heard of separating magnesium from other supplements. Calcium, yes as it seems to have a "Me First" personality. Regardless, hopefully that will continue working for you. I'll be curious to see your next lab results.

Speaking of which, I wish somebody was smart enough to figure out a way to cull or supplement schedule with lab results to try to arrive at some conclusions about what works and doesn't for DS people. That would be some incredible valuable information!
I think it is almost an impossible task because we are all so different, especially our level of absorption. Then you have so many other variables in play that I don't see how we can get to that sweet spot. It would be nice but adjusting to labs and discussing with others is really all I see that we can do.

Well maybe I'm doing it wrong - wouldn't be the first time lol. I read to separate mag from calcium and other vitamins. Maybe I read it wrong. Well poop!

Morning - 3 pills
1 Armour Thyroid 30 mg
1 Probiotic
1 Esomeprazole 40 mg

8 AM - 6 pills
1 Copper 2 mg
1 Vitamin C 500 mg
1 Vitamin E 400 mg
1 Vitamin K2-M7 500 mcg

10 AM - 3 pills

12 PM - 6 pills
1 Biotin
1 Multivitamin
1 Vitamin E 400 mg

2 PM - 3 pills

4 PM - 7 pills
1 Estradial 2 mg
1 Multivitamin
1 Vitamin C 500 mg
1 Vitamin K1 1000 mg
1 Zinc 50 mg

6 PM - 3 pills

8 PM - 5 pills
1 Vitamin A 25,000 iu
1 Vitamin K2-M7 500 mcg
1 Zinc 50 mg

Bedtime
3 Klonopin 1 mg

BTW, do you mean 100 of K2 MK7? 1,000 would require 10 pills.

Latest posts

Back