BUYER BEWARE!

Charris

Now an angel
Yesterday they reported Walgreens, Walmart, target, Gnc and several other chains that have their generic brands are not actually putting what is supposed to be in their medications in the medications. They gave examples of like St. Johns Wart was tested and there was none in the pills. They found things like rice, beans and household plants in the pills instead of what the consumer believes they are getting. Scary if you can't trust GNC who can you trust. For people like us it could be a matter of life and death!

I mean really we have to start investigating everything. We have to educate ourselves so we can educate our doctors. This doesn't just pertain to DS or weight loss either. It is everything. I am now trying to educate my self with kidney disease for my sister. It is really getting ridiculous!

Keep in mind that these "herbal supplements" and whatever else they are called are not considered medicines and thus are not tested or regulated by the FDA. That's a large part of the problem. Your prescription meds, and their OTC counterparts (like OTC Prilosec, for example) are strictly regulated. Not to say there couldn't be problems with them, but nowhere near the level seen in the "supplement" industry.
But also keep in mind that these are just 4 store chains. It's possible that, had products from other stores been tested, they might have found the same problems. We just aren't hearing about them.

Latest posts

Back