Buy individual insurance ?

Grammaof5

Are there any insurance policies you can pay for out of pocket that cover revisions ? May be a dumb question but I'm desperate. My insurance is not in network and does not cover revisions. Thanks ahead of time. I appreciate you reading and responding !

I would think if you are in a state where the ACA is pretty strong, you should be able to find something. It will be costly though.

Here is the link. - https://www.healthcare.gov/get-coverage/

So, there are three levels, silver, gold and platinum. I would think you would need the higher one. As an alternative there is always Mexico. Lots of us here went to the Mexicali baratric Center and it was great.

Many states excluded WLS from their ACA options since the wording just required obesity help NOT obesity surgery.

Honestly, going to Dr. Esquerra in Mexico is your least expensive route.

Lots of well meaning advice here, but for someone who wants to revise from gastric bypass to DS, Mexico is not an option. Dr. Esquerra does revisions of lap band and sleeve to DS, but not RNY to DS. Even if there is some other surgeon in Mexico for offers this, I would not recommend anyone go there for this very complex and higher risk surgery, especially to a surgeon with less DS experience.
Now, if the OP wants some kind of simpler gastric bypass revision, such as proximal to distal, there are probably surgeons in Mexico who do this, though I don't know who they are. But this type of revision is unlikely to create significant weight loss.

Sorry!

Is there any chance you could get a FT job with great insurance or sign up for better insurance with the next enrollment period at your job? I recall hearing that Starbucks offered health insurance that covered WLS. If you quit the job you can continue to purchase the insurance through Cobra.

Latest posts

Back