Breakfast in the bag (Plan ahead cooking)

newanatomy

I make breakfast burritos for my family fairly often. I eat it from a bowl instead of wrapped in a tortilla to save on carbs. This makes a big zip-lock bag full, perfect for a quick breakfast.

Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage, (2 pounds?)
1 Package hash brown potatoes (if your carb count will allow)
1 pound bacon of your choice, chopped
18 eggs
1/2 cup Cream
Onion (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Shredded cheese of your choice
Tortilla shells (for the normies in your life)

Cook sausage, bacon and hash browns according to directions place in a large bowl. Saute onions, add to the bowl. Scramble the eggs with the cream, salt and pepper, add this to the bowl and mix. Top with Shredded cheese. This will last make a lot of meals. Enjoy!

Last edited:
That sounds good, but, I'm from Tejas and we (I) would have to put a healthy dose of diced fresh jalapeno's in there and some salsa or pico de gillo :D One of my biggest (actually minor compared to everything else) fears was that I would no longer be able to eat those hot and spicey foods??? Last Saturday, I did a test...(shhh...don't tell anyone....lol), and had 2 tablespoons of my favorite spicy salsa just to see how it would go down? The preliminary results went good.:D

On another subject...(don't wanna hi-jack your thread), but did you ever try to make your own low carb protein bars? or is there even such a thing? Ive seen some stuff on the net, but thought of asking you when I was reading about it?

That sounds good, but, I'm from Tejas and we (I) would have to put a healthy dose of diced fresh jalapeno's in there and some salsa or pico de gillo :D One of my biggest (actually minor compared to everything else) fears was that I would no longer be able to eat those hot and spicey foods??? Last Saturday, I did a test...(shhh...don't tell anyone....lol), and had 2 tablespoons of my favorite spicy salsa just to see how it would go down? The preliminary results went good.:D

On another subject...(don't wanna hi-jack your thread), but did you ever try to make your own low carb protein bars? or is there even such a thing? Ive seen some stuff on the net, but thought of asking you when I was reading about it?

I consider salsa, jalapenos, hot sauce and sour cream to be optional if not downright important!

I have made some protein bars in the past. I can't remember if I posted the recipe or not I will look around for it.

I do something similar, make all the insides put them into muffin tins, then cover them with the beaten eggs and bake them in the oven at 350 for 20 mins. Makes individually portioned omelettes that I keep in a container in the fridge to reheat for the week. I'm big on doing as much cooking as I can on Sundays so I don't have to do as much during the week. Hubby's get filled with more veggies and he puts them on a roll for breakfast, mine are more meat and cheese and maybe a sprinkle of the veg. I just heat 2 in the toaster and munch for an hour or so while getting ready for work :)

Latest posts

Back