Bowel obstruction

Soonerjoseph

Sunday around noon I ate some lunch and immediately felt a hot flash come on. My stomach began to hurt like I had overeaten. Throughout the day it kept hurting. I had a bowel movement a bit after Midnight which actually seemed to increase the pain. After a night of barely any sleep I decided to go to the ER at 7:00 on Monday morning.

I was surprised to see how fast my hospital got me in and ran a CT scan to check for a blockage. All I had to mention was wls and maybe seeing how much discomfort I was in was all that they needed.

Here I am a day out from the surgery and am doing reasonably well. I had just started up a lawn care business and I'm afraid this has really thrown a wrench in my plans. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery so I can get my business going like it needs to.

Glad you listened to your head about getting help. Sorry you had to have surgery.

I know here, lawn care is about a month out of being full blown.

So very sorry for that nasty business. Lucky you went to ER or you could have been Laterjoseph instead of Sooner. Was your surgery lap or open?

And thanks for the public service announcement. Day-am! I only thought we had to worry about blockages early on, not more than a year later. Where was the blockage?

(Good to hear from you. It's been a while since you posted. Too bad it couldn't be with better news!)

So very sorry for that nasty business. Lucky you went to ER or you could have been Laterjoseph instead of Sooner. Was your surgery lap or open?

And thanks for the public service announcement. Day-am! I only thought we had to worry about blockages early on, not more than a year later. Where was the blockage?

(Good to hear from you. It's been a while since you posted. Too bad it couldn't be with better news!)
It was twisted around the upper anastomosis from what I've gathered. My surgeon said he cleaned all the scar tissue up and rerouted intestines through the mysentery that needed to be. He doesn't think this will happen again now. From what I read I always thought we had a chance of an obstruction for life but I could certainly be wrong about that. Has this not happened to anyone else this far out?

Thank you for the well wishes everyone. I really appreciate it.

Oh, and it was an open surgery unfortunately. Not surprised as the surgeon had to call the University of Oklahoma medical college to find out all he could on the operation. He said that he had never operated on someone with our specific surgery.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back