Biotin...

Kristaz

So I assume we malabsorb all vitamins including biotin? After surgery I have found hair loss and health poor( I am assuming Anastesia, weight loss etc) My labs etc have looked good at the 3 month mark PCP recommended Biotin. However with our malabsorption I assume I need a ton? Has anyone taken it? Comments?

For some, the 3rd-4th months post-op is when A LOT of hair disappears. It is, for most, a problem that corrects itself. However, some people with long hair choose to go shorter in order to put less strain on the remaining hair, until the new crop starts growing in.

Last edited:
I have longish hair. I did not cut mine. I supplemented 10,000 mcg per day along with 50 mg zinc and 100 mcg selenium. This mix was a recommendation found on the vitalady site. Unfortunately, I still lost a ton of hair. I found that having not cut my hair helped to hide the regrowth a bit. I don't know that there is any way to avoid the hair loss other than luck. So, good luck! I hope it isn't too bad for you. I was definitely worried for a while but, it stopped and it's totally fine now.

I have longish hair. I did not cut mine. I supplemented 10,000 mcg per day along with 50 mg zinc and 100 mcg selenium. This mix was a recommendation found on the vitalady site. Unfortunately, I still lost a ton of hair. I found that having not cut my hair helped to hide the regrowth a bit. I don't know that there is any way to avoid the hair loss other than luck. So, good luck! I hope it isn't too bad for you. I was definitely worried for a while but, it stopped and it's totally fine now.
And gorgeous.

Hair loss at 3-6 months is likely inevitable, and no vitamins will change it: http://www.aocd.org/?page=TelogenEffluviumHA
Yeah! :-/ being a revision I expected it as it happened last time. I have a ton of hair to start but still freaks you out a bit. That and mine never completely grew back in, in a spot or two. Oh well... Deal with it and move on! Lol... Because the upside FAR surpasses the hair loss!

Latest posts

Back