BCBS Federal/ why am I jumping through hoops

I need my height to be shorter from 2 years ago. My height now is not relevant. it is 41 now and was 38 and 39 in 2013 and 2014. I guess my question is how can they reduce my height from years ago.

If there is no documentation that your height was measured and was shorter 2 years ago, no one can alter the records to say this. That would be fraud. Sorry.
I think we're back where we started, waiting to see if you get the denial, and getting your EOC in the meantime.

I need my height to be shorter from 2 years ago. My height now is not relevant. it is 41 now and was 38 and 39 in 2013 and 2014. I guess my question is how can they reduce my height from years ago.
No offense but I don't have a clue what you are talking about with a height requirement. Your BMI is what insurance companies look. There are two variables to that index, height and weight. Height alone is irrelevant.

Do yourself a favor and stop stressing and take Clematis' advice. Eat a big meal, drink a lot of water right before weighing in and don't poop for a while then where heavy clothes. Also any Dr who isn't a dick will also fudge your numbers a smidge to the required BMI. Also it shouldn't be hard for you to gain five or ten pounds if you are worried about hitting the BMI number.

Ok, I will try to be clear. LOL. I have submitted all paperwork already. This includes height and weight for the past 2 years(which did not reach 40 BMI) My current BMI is 40. In order to get approval I need for the past 2 years to show my BMI is 40 or more(which it is not) or either have a co morbidity(I have hypertension, but they are saying it is not uncontrolled and I have to be taking 2 meds). So, this is my dilemma.
I am going to just wait and see. I do thank everyone for their continued help.

Ok, I will try to be clear. LOL. I have submitted all paperwork already. This includes height and weight for the past 2 years(which did not reach 40 BMI) My current BMI is 40. In order to get approval I need for the past 2 years to show my BMI is 40 or more(which it is not) or either have a co morbidity(I have hypertension, but they are saying it is not uncontrolled and I have to be taking 2 meds). So, this is my dilemma.
I am going to just wait and see. I do thank everyone for their continued help.
The hypertension and two meds will not stand up to appeal and frankly I think the people at your doc office are yanking your chain. Hypertension requiring medication is a comorbidity. I bet there is a reasonable chance that you have sleep apnea as well so if you haven't had a sleep study then you should get one.

"The hypertension and two meds will not stand up to appeal" - what do you mean by this?
What I was trying to say and obviously I didn't do a good job of it, was that I have never heard anyone say that hypertension isn't really a big deal if you only have to use one medicine to control it. Medically speaking that sounds like nonsense to me and not a legitimate reason to deny approval.

I had hypertension and it was controlled with one medication. Had I not taken that medicine I was at significant risk of stroke and other bad things hypertension can cause.

Latest posts

Back