At the airport

nedsmehlp

I'm sitting at the airport with hubby waiting for the plane to fly us to California. Scared to death! So many unknowns. Plus far from home. I hope I can sleep the next 3 nights! I meet Dr K for the first time tomorrow. So many times I have wondered if I am being selfish and ridiculous for having this surgery at my age. I just want to stop hiding from people for the rest of my life. And feel comfortable in my own skin. I want to do things! Not get looks of disgust!

So, breath, you are suppose to be scared. It's normal. It will be OK. So many people say they are scared and we all make it through and we are all happy we did it.

@Duckman wrote recently, he was scared before his surgery and it was for nothing. I said to my best friend - as I was having my last supper @ the cheesecake factory - I really am scared and don't want to do this the two nights before my surgery, she said you can back out. Best thing I ever did. Recovery was not fun, but not that bad.

Take a deep breath, it will be OK. :)

I'm sitting at the airport with hubby waiting for the plane to fly us to California. Scared to death! So many unknowns. Plus far from home. I hope I can sleep the next 3 nights! I meet Dr K for the first time tomorrow. So many times I have wondered if I am being selfish and ridiculous for having this surgery at my age. I just want to stop hiding from people for the rest of my life. And feel comfortable in my own skin. I want to do things! Not get looks of disgust!
Best of luck! Looking forward to hearing all about your boring recovery :)

Dr. K will and the staff at the hospital will put you at ease once you get there. Dr. K. is very serious, right to the point (no need to beat around the bush with him), with a crazy sense of humor. He is always kind and makes me laugh. You will like him. I found everyone at the hospital to be so kind, funny, and supportive. You will do great. Good luck! Let us know how you do!

Dr. K will and the staff at the hospital will put you at ease once you get there. Dr. K. is very serious, right to the point (no need to beat around the bush with him), with a crazy sense of humor. He is always kind and makes me laugh. You will like him. I found everyone at the hospital to be so kind, funny, and supportive. You will do great. Good luck! Let us know how you do!
Ditto. I have had great nurses and techs with all 3 of my surgeries with Dr K and he does such a good job drawing out and descrbing what he is going to do. It helped my wife understand so well and helped put her mind at ease.

@nedsmehlp you will do so well so try to breath and good luck tomorrow.

Thanks everyone. My kids and hubby are against this surgery, just because they are so afraid for me. Couple that with my washing machine going out over the weekend so I couldn't wash clothes till late Monday night, then Monday night my dishwasher went out, then to top it off, uber takes me to the grocery store tonight to get my liquid diet stuff and I open the car door and it hit the car next to us and the lady was yelling at me and now I have to pay for that!!! It just seems like everything is piling up on me. Sorry for the pity party.

Thanks everyone. My kids and hubby are against this surgery, just because they are so afraid for me. Couple that with my washing machine going out over the weekend so I couldn't wash clothes till late Monday night, then Monday night my dishwasher went out, then to top it off, uber takes me to the grocery store tonight to get my liquid diet stuff and I open the car door and it hit the car next to us and the lady was yelling at me and now I have to pay for that!!! It just seems like everything is piling up on me. Sorry for the pity party.
Oh, my dear, that is enough to call for a pity party! Bummer! But, you've got the best thing coming up, your life changing date with Dr. K and nothing's going to ruin that! It's ok to be nervous, if you weren't I'd be concerned!

I was petrified before my surgery, but I had to act like I wasn't because my daughter was crying and my husband was worried beyond belief. What you're feeling is normal. Just breathe. It will be OK.

Latest posts

Back