Approved and scheduled... help me plan!

ampt

WWBD? What would bacon do?
Hi all, I've have made it over the appeal hump! :yes2bb:

Surgery date (next hump) has been set for May 13th, 2014! ONLY EIGHT WEEKS AWAY!

My DH had his DS Jan 8th, and the hind sight is great. Knowing we need to settle child care issues for our two little ones, etc. I am a planner/organizer, so I hope to get a lot of things done prior to surgery.

In hindsight, what would you have done BEFORE surgery, if you had a chance to go back? Or what did you do that was particularly helpful?

Thanks!

:wahoooo: WTG!!!

Okay, if you start a new thread here: http://bariatricfacts.org/forums/calendar-events.34/ In the Thread Title, put Ampt's Surgery Date and in the text box put your date. I can then add you to the calendar!

I won't ask if you have a surgery Angel cause you, like me had one built in (my dh was 5 weeks ahead of me) but if you want a second one, post here OR PM someone and ask them.

Don't worry about stocking up on anything. You will have time on just liquids so you will have to find what works for you. Just relax and do lots of reading.

Congratulations!

Congratulations! The most useful things I had were a stepladder turned sideways to help me in and out of bed and cane to help me up and down from chairs while my abdomen was still sore... :)

Glad you're forging ahead! If you read the board history for an hour or so, you will find this question has pages and pages of answers and repetitions. LOADS of good information there :).

If this is your first real surgery, please read THOROUGHLY the thread on the main board, "Never Had Surgery? Here's What to Expect."

Hi all, I've have made it over the appeal hump! :yes2bb:

Surgery date (next hump) has been set for May 13th, 2014! ONLY EIGHT WEEKS AWAY!

My DH had his DS Jan 8th, and the hind sight is great. Knowing we need to settle child care issues for our two little ones, etc. I am a planner/organizer, so I hope to get a lot of things done prior to surgery.

In hindsight, what would you have done BEFORE surgery, if you had a chance to go back? Or what did you do that was particularly helpful?

Thanks!
Don't have any suggestions, I just noticed the dates. Your hubby's was on my mom's birthday and yours is on my hubby's birthday. I am very excited for you. I am still waiting on approval and the days are ticking by slowly. Then knowing when I get approval it will seem like forever before the surgery gets here.

Don't have any suggestions, I just noticed the dates. Your hubby's was on my mom's birthday and yours is on my hubby's birthday. I am very excited for you. I am still waiting on approval and the days are ticking by slowly. Then knowing when I get approval it will seem like forever before the surgery gets here.
Once you get the date believe me it flys by

Name on surgery list, CHECK.
Read over "never had surgery before?", CHECK.

I have had a few surgeries... ACL reconstruction, fibroid removal, c-section and gall bladder removal. Each experience has different, except the nausea!! But, EN, it was pretty right on!

Must be lucky days, Terri.

Hilary, thanks for the tip. Getting out of bed after my c-section was awful!

By the way, my surgery would not have been happening without the help of DianaCox and Larra! They are my "angels"!

Congrats! And I agree with your hubby, sort through ALL of your clothes now and categorize them by size. There are quite a few things that I had been holding onto because they were too small, but by the time I dug them out they were too big. Not a terrible thing, but I would've liked to wear them at least once! I also found it very helpful to have lots of small plates, baby spoons and insulated drink bottles to have on hand for the post op time, as well as comfy cotton summer dresses to wear after coming home from the hospital.

Latest posts

Back