Anyone had a Revision with Dr Steven Simper at Rocky Mountain Bariatrics?

Discussion in 'Revisions' started by GrammyLuLu, Nov 11, 2017.

GrammyLuLu

GrammyLuLu Well-Known Member

I am seriously looking at two surgeons for my RNY to DS revision I am looking for anyone who has had a revision surgery with Dr Steven Simper. I am just wanting some personal experiences with this surgeon. I do know he is a "vetted" DS surgeon so that is a good thing. I hate to admit this but I found some less than favorable review online about him. Any info is truly appreciated.

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Everyone I know who has used him have been favorably impressed. I don't think there is a doctor alive who doesn't have some bad press.

You said two, who is the other you are considering?

GrammyLuLu likes this.
    GrammyLuLu

@southernlady@southernlady I am considering D Ayoola as well! And I agree maybe I just dig too much. LOL!

Katie T.

Katie T. Active Member

I had my VSG with Simper and have my revision to DS scheduled for December 6th with him as well. He is a great surgeon in my opinion and I wouldn't go to anyone else in Utah but him. I'm not a super big fan of his office staff but they aren't the ones cutting me so I can deal with that. I had a great experience with my vsg...I had very minimal pain with the vsg and I believe I can thank him for that. If you want any specific info you are more than welcome to pm me. Good luck with your decision.

GrammyLuLu likes this.
    southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Didn’t I read you are a RNY to DS revision? If so, we know Dr. Ayoola is on the revision surgeon list. If Simper isn’t, ask how he does it and how many he’s done, please.

GrammyLuLu

Katie T.

Katie T. Active Member

I know Simper does revision from rny to DS. I'm not sure how many he's done but I know he does them. There was a lady in my nut class that was going to him for hers.

GrammyLuLu likes this.
    GrammyLuLu

I did check the list and Dr. Simper is there!