Anyone been told they might get half of the DS first?

You’re going to get a lot of strongly argued opinions. My surgeon uses a longer than people here are happy with CC, but he’s done a few thousand of these surgeries and said it’s the length where he sees the least complications with the best EWL.

Honestly I would get the shortest one possible. I asked for 50 and the doc wanted to do 100 so we settled on 75. In today's world of longer CC's that may sound extreme but guess what...I never got a normal BMI. I would have a hard time accepting anything over 100. No one wants to go through all this just to still be fat but the surgeons judge success differently than we do. To them 50% EWL is a success and very few of us would consider the op a success if we lost only half our excess weight. And BTW, no deficiencies either for me!

Is there one size of CC that is known to be best based on data/experience?

Hi @GenJones, I had my DS performed at U of Chicago by Dr. Alverdy (whom I highly recommend). At the time (2012), all DS's performed at the practice were at a 100 cm common channel. I was told that is what proved best in their practice's experience. I'm very happy with my cookie cutter DS. Hess is ideal, but necessarily widely available.

Latest posts

Back