Any SOD sufferers here?

angelohio

Hi, after my ds was done (with gall bladder removed) in 1994, I developed a sod reaction to narcotics. I avoided them for years but in 2008, I had a bad reaction to Demerol during a liver biopsy. Terrible sphincter spasms that lasted 8 hours. Yuk. Anyway, have not had a narcotic since then. So my question is: have any of you SOD sufferers found pain meds you can tolerate? Thanks!
Marilyn in ohio
Ds in 1994
Dr. Hess
235/140

Sphincter of Oddi .....biliary/pancreatic ducts go into spasms, freq from food, stress, narcotics. Very painful. Frequently seen in women who have had gall bladder removed.

Hi DeeDee,
Had to start on very low dose of toprol last year for slightly elevated blood pressure. Hated that med and side effects like foggy brain and extreme heat sensitivity. While trying to switch the toprol out with cozaar, I had a heat reaction to 100'+ weather while in Texas. In hosp for 2 days for iv's and nausea meds. Well of course, something they gave me started the SOD issues up. I. Think it was the zofran. So now just having mild spasms on rt side, with relief after taking Bentyl. Watching a SOD board to explore using artichoke extract for these mild spasms. Have not had any narcotics or pain meds since 2008 after reaction to Demerol!

Deedee! there is a fb page called SOD Awareness that might be helpful to you. Also, someone recomended a book by Peter Melamed that was very helpful about SOd triggers and alternative eating to remedy it. I have not read it yet.

Latest posts

Back