Any info on Dr. Alejandro Lopez in MEX?

amur717

im about to put down my deposit for the sleeve to be done in August but just got spooked after reading about fake support groups on Facebook... I thought we had our reasearch all done now I'm worried all the reviews I've read about him and his team & facilities online may not be honest. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

@amur717 If I wanted the sleeve, I would go to the best surgeon I could. Only one in Mexico that we recommend is Dr. Esquarra (and his partner). They might be a bit more expensive but your life is not something to cut costs on.

Agree with @southernlady. Not sure Esquerra does the sleeve alone vs with the DS, but there are others there who do, like Wilhelmy.

Last edited:
I found choosing a Dr in MX to be overwhelming. There are a lot and the reviews are a bit misleading online. I almost went to Dr. Kelley who talked a good talk and had good reviews, but had problems and priviliages were revoked at a hospital for screwing up, but you could never tell that from the online posts ans reviews. It was scarey.

Then, I found this board. We have Drs and nurses on this board and lots and lots of patients of Dr. Esquerra and everyone has had a good experince there. Because of this, I just trusted this board and chooise Dr. Esquerra. Best decision I ever made.

Read this page. It will talk about the experince with Dr. Esquerra - http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/march-2017-target-date.4858/page-3#post-74068

Really, the reason I choose him is because of the good experinces people have had on this forum.

Latest posts

Back