Another sucky day in the Neighborhood

newanatomy

Not really though, dieting sucks no matter what neighborhood you live in, nine more days of this!

Today, I had around 1300 calories. I think I am supposed to be under 1000. Since my surgeon's office hasn't bothered to send the pre-op packet to me, I can't confirm this. I guess he can play dodge the liver in about 9 days! I am logging my intake on MyFitnessPal. I had to guess on my dinner. I think it is close enough.

I don't like being hungry.

Got my hotel reservations made today so, there's progress.

It seems like I am peeing every 45 minutes, except at night then, it's every 2 hours. So, I must be drinking enough. Sleep would be great! I will be ready for them to knock me out when I get to the OR.

Okay, there is my ramble for the day!

What do you need to know? I've still got my binder from Dr. Simper. You will get yours at the pre-OP class, which is a day or two (mine was 2 days) before your scheduled surgery day.

His office doesn't send a pre-OP diet. You just eat low-carb, low-calorie, high-protein heading in to surgery. The afternoon before surgery is when you go liquids only and drink the mag citrate that I got from St Marks on the day I had my pre-OP lab work. If yours is scheduled at LDS, I believe those folks have to get theirs from the pharmacy. Plan on chilling at your hotel that evening because you will poo your brains out.

Last edited:
The gal at the office said she would mail a packet to me to let me know where to be and when. I know that I will pick up the binder at the first class. Yes, it is two days of hoops. I leave here on the 14th. Surgery on the 17th.

I don't need for you to look through your binder for anything even though I am sure absolutely nothing has changed. If I get too panicky, I will call the office and bug them again.

St. Marks doesn't sell the poo stuff anymore. I already picked some up from Wal-Mart though. I think I will have hubby go to dinner and a movie that night.

Nine more days! Hang in there, you can do this! Are you taking vites, too?

Yes, I have been very good about that. I added calcium a few weeks ago plus a few others (all appropriate doses for a normy).

Two days, four pounds down, I must be packing some extra slush!

Last edited:
You can do this. It will really be the last restrictive "diet" you'll need. Do the best you can. Don't beat yourself up if you go a bit off plan. Hang in there.

Thanks for the encouragement! I will do what it takes to get me to my goal, which for right now is an easy successful surgery :)

Doin' good! Keep it up! My surgeon expects me to be on an 800 calorie diet before surgery. For a month. I cannot. I'm down to 1,000 calories a day. My liver will be whatever it will be. My surgery is 2 weeks from today, a little after you. Diets suck. We can do it though.

800 calories per day for a MONTH!? No way! If you could do that, what would you need him/her for?

800 calories per day for a MONTH!? No way! If you could do that, what would you need him/her for?
I know, right??!!
Craziness.
It's unreasonable to ask someone to starve themselves for a month. I finally started watching my food a week ago, and today I've only had 804 calories but the night is young. I'm hungry, but I'm just sipping crystal light. This is hard.

I know, right??!!
Craziness.
It's unreasonable to ask someone to starve themselves for a month. I finally started watching my food a week ago, and today I've only had 804 calories but the night is young. I'm hungry, but I'm just sipping crystal light. This is hard.
It is hard.

Not the same deal but after my jaw surgery, broth seemed to fill me up better than something like Crystal Light. I think it was the idea that it was warm and broth sat better.

Another option is Egg Drop Soup....you can make homemade.

I think I will make some egg drop soup tomorrow instead of a slimfast. I don't need sweet everyday.

Sounds about right. St Marks is a great place from pre-OP all the way through until discharge. The Informed Consent and Awareness class is new though. I did Surgical Orientation and the consultation with Dr. Simper.

Latest posts

Back