Ain't Nothing like the real thing baby

Well just great !!! I'm off to YouTube to watch pork videos now. I cooked a pulled pork butt in my slow cooker last week and when it was all done I threw it in the garbage!! It looked awful. I think I just don't like pork and I'm trying to convince myself that I do !!

I love bacon, but for some reason, don't eat it that often - I buy the precooked stuff from Costco because it lasts forever in the fridge. And my husband is not a fan of pork. I tend to just buy pork tenderloins because they are easy and quick to cook, and make decent leftovers. AND my freezer is already packed with stuff I don't eat often. But there are very convenient drop off locations - I just wish I could plan ahead to use it.

Now, because I have always been told pork is bad for you I have wanted to give it up. I probably could without looking back if it wasn't for BACON. Last week I fried pork chops and thought I cooked them all. I was gone 2 days and came back to a smell. Yall know the rest. I'm extremely afraid of critters! All and any that breath or move! The roaster was filled with live maggots. THEY WOULD NOT DIE! I POURED A BOTTLE OF BLEACH ON THEM they expanded a little and kept it pushing. WTF?? I ended up pouring boiling water in the roaster and then threw it away. Now the chops were sealed and covered in a roaster! Where they hell did they come from? Well that was ALLEDGEDLY enough to convert me from the swine! Mý son had been telling me pork has worms in it and stop eating it. Fast forward..... I purchased 2 packs of Oscar Myers turkey bacon.

Yesterday when I cooked the non crisping Turkey Bacon that turned to raw hide as soon as it cooled I decided I'll take mý chance with the critters from hell! AIN'T NOTHING LIKE THE REAL THING!

GOOD MORNING I've MISSED YALL!

My sis who gave up pork a year ago, eats beefbacon and swears it's as good as pork. It's raw and cooks up like pork bacon. Not dehydrated like that turkey mess.

Flies can lay eggs on something within MINUTES, if they are around. Maggots also have a very short incubation period, and I too have had a fly get under a what I thought was a very solid, tightly sealed lid, only to discover a fly had made it's way in before I could scrub out the pan (just meat juice left in pan, but apparently smelled the same as meat to a fly).

Another reason for porks bad rep is that there are more types of pork that are cured than say chicken or beef. I refuse to give up bacon but do get the nitrate free stuff now at Costco. I don't think it's too hard to find elsewhere either. Bacon has been the downfall of at least 4 vegan or vegetarians that I know of to date. It is possible to find lower salt versions too.

Latest posts

Back