Ain't Nothing like the real thing baby

Charris

Now an angel
Now, because I have always been told pork is bad for you I have wanted to give it up. I probably could without looking back if it wasn't for BACON. Last week I fried pork chops and thought I cooked them all. I was gone 2 days and came back to a smell. Yall know the rest. I'm extremely afraid of critters! All and any that breath or move! The roaster was filled with live maggots. THEY WOULD NOT DIE! I POURED A BOTTLE OF BLEACH ON THEM they expanded a little and kept it pushing. WTF?? I ended up pouring boiling water in the roaster and then threw it away. Now the chops were sealed and covered in a roaster! Where they hell did they come from? Well that was ALLEDGEDLY enough to convert me from the swine! Mý son had been telling me pork has worms in it and stop eating it. Fast forward..... I purchased 2 packs of Oscar Myers turkey bacon.

Yesterday when I cooked the non crisping Turkey Bacon that turned to raw hide as soon as it cooled I decided I'll take mý chance with the critters from hell! AIN'T NOTHING LIKE THE REAL THING!

GOOD MORNING I've MISSED YALL!

True.... Has nothing to do with pork itself. It was just food for the maggots. Why do you think pork is bad for you???

1st reason is because the bible says don't eat swine. 2nd heard about the worms in pork. 3rd seen maggots in left out pork.

Then go to You Tube and Google coke and pork? Many videos showing maggots come out of pork once coke is poured on it. Nothing AROUND & they sat and JUST SAT AND WATCHED THE PORK AFTER APPROXIMATELY A HOUR MAGGOTTS STARTED COMING OUT!. I realize that not all of them had that happen but mý concern is what if a store does not take good enough care of the pork. Is maggots going to come out?

PLUS TOO MUCH PORK IS HIGH IN SALT AND THAT LEADS TO HIGG BP and water retention!

Last edited:
There are many reasons not to eat pork, chief being that these highly intelligent creatures are treated the most inhumanely of all our livestock (but I still eat it), but having a biblical plague of spontaneous maggots is not one of them.

It is important to note that salt is often added to pork during processing. Check labels. Costco pork loin chops have something like 300mg per serving -- and one huge Costco chop is way more than one serving. That is excessive when trying to keep to 1500-1800mg of sodium a day. (Their pork tenderloin is only 60mg of salt per 4oz.)

This can happen to any meat that is left out or not processed correctly. Promise! Decay always happens. The old fears about pork needing to be cooked to the level of thermonuclear char came from fears of trichinosis. Once a very real problem but not anymore. Yet the old beliefs persist.

I don't like it that they are adding salt darn it!

Meanwhile.... Check out Zaycon Foods. The best pork and bacon I have ever had!

This can happen to any meat that is left out or not processed correctly. Promise! Decay always happens. The old fears about pork needing to be cooked to the level of thermonuclear char came from fears of trichinosis. Once a very real problem but not anymore. Yet the old beliefs persist.

I don't like it that they are adding salt darn it!

Meanwhile.... Check out Zaycon Foods. The best pork and bacon I have ever had!

I have never heard of that brand i just looked at grocery store..nothing. Where do I find it do you order it?

Just plain pork in the grocery store or at the meat market does not usually have sodium added. Read the labels and avoid anything processed.
Pork used to be dangerous because farmers allowed pigs to literally eat garbage. This is no longer the case. If you are freaked out, but still love pork, you can also buy pastured raised pork (for a higher price). All food rots if left out whether cooked or not and will rot much more quickly in warm weather. You are lucky you did not have ants, roaches, or rats as well!!!!

To keep maggots out of the garbage, I keep all meat trash (bones, grease, food not eaten, etc.) in the freezer and take the stuff out of the freezer and throw out the meat/bone trash on trash day. Of course, you have to keep track of what is meat-trash and what is good in your freezer!

I love bacon but don't want to purchase 36 lbs at 1 time.
Yeah! That's the hard part. Takes freezer space. They have some FB groups that share orders and I bet that @DianaCox might be able to find something to share with you too. Doesn't she live sort of close to you? The bacon comes in a box in individually wrapped 3lb packages. The pork chops are individually wrapped. The ground beef is wonderful too.

Last edited:
yes she lives about 35 min from me which is nothing in AZ. I'll have to see what she thinks. my freezer and deep freezer are already packed.

Latest posts

Back