1. Please review your surgery details found under your profile.
  2. We have many with MIA Avatars. If you are missing yours, please reload it. Use a browser you normally do not use to check. List is in Announcements: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/missing-avatars.5131/

9 months- the good, the bad, the ugly

Discussion in 'Sharing My Journey' started by brooklyngirl, May 6, 2014.

Whit

Whit Well-Known Member

Yeah good for you. Sorry about the ugly and the bad but the good is really good!
    Congratulations
    Whit

brooklyngirl likes this.
    Millie

Millie Member

Nice job, Lauren! Aside from the fissure, I bet you feel great! And right now, you're prob having a fab Cali experience!

I had a fissure years ago- way before DS. As a nurse, it's good to have a line on "the best" of dr in each specialty. Of course, the GI doc in that category for me, is a young (my age), single, handsome , Jewish guy I've known for like, forever. I was mortified, but knew he was the best. Hadda be done. I was simply treated with steroid suppositories. Afterwards, I said to him, "y'know, Steve, I always knew you could make my toes curl, but this wasn't what I imagined". Humor helps. But there's nothing funny about a fissure. No joke-they hurt like hell!

So proud of you, girl! And honored to have been following your journey since the beginning. We truly are all in this together ❤️️

brooklyngirl and newanatomy like this.
    DianaCox

DianaCox Bad Cop

Millie likes this.
    hilary1617

hilary1617 First time at the rodeo.

Lauren, Thanks for your post and congratulations on your amazing weight loss. Sorry for the PITA - definitely get it checked out and treated. No need to suffer or be embarrassed. Part of the territory. So happy to hear you have back pain relief and your knees are doing better. I predict an airplane NSV on that trip! Keep up the good work!

brooklyngirl

brooklyngirl Yankee gone south

Update- not only could I buckle the seat belt, I had to tighten it. Then, instead of my squishing the man next to me, he fell asleep in MY space and I had to keep pushing his legs back to his own space. In the last few days I also walked to a farmers market and back up one of those crazy SF hills, walked around Haight Ashbury for 2 hours AND walked the SF zoo. I couldn't even walk half a block before. Amazeballs :D

newanatomy

newanatomy Well-Known Member

That is so fantastic! You have done so well!

brooklyngirl likes this.
    Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

DianaCox

DianaCox Bad Cop

Hope you are enjoying the weather we have provided for you - it is going to be 90 degrees in SF over the next couple of days, which is unheard of in May. You usually need a parka.

We're getting nearly 100 in San Jose the next couple of days - and then on Thursday, my husband and I will be up in SF for the cooldown.

brooklyngirl

brooklyngirl Yankee gone south

I am enjoying!!! I already have a nice tan working just from walking around, and from Wednesday on, we head up to Napa where we'll have a pool so I'll be even happier! Stay cool Diana :)

Millie

Millie Member

So jelly! I ❤️️ SF!

brooklyngirl and newanatomy like this.
    JackieOnLine

JackieOnLine Moderator Staff Member

wow, what a difference!! congratulations!

brooklyngirl likes this.
    hilary1617

hilary1617 First time at the rodeo.

DuodenalSwitchaRoo

DuodenalSwitchaRoo Taking a long scenic route!

I'm jealous! SF is my old stomping ground :) You have done amazing.

brooklyngirl likes this.