9 months- the good, the bad, the ugly

Nice job, Lauren! Aside from the fissure, I bet you feel great! And right now, you're prob having a fab Cali experience!

I had a fissure years ago- way before DS. As a nurse, it's good to have a line on "the best" of dr in each specialty. Of course, the GI doc in that category for me, is a young (my age), single, handsome , Jewish guy I've known for like, forever. I was mortified, but knew he was the best. Hadda be done. I was simply treated with steroid suppositories. Afterwards, I said to him, "y'know, Steve, I always knew you could make my toes curl, but this wasn't what I imagined". Humor helps. But there's nothing funny about a fissure. No joke-they hurt like hell!

So proud of you, girl! And honored to have been following your journey since the beginning. We truly are all in this together ❤️️

Lauren, Thanks for your post and congratulations on your amazing weight loss. Sorry for the PITA - definitely get it checked out and treated. No need to suffer or be embarrassed. Part of the territory. So happy to hear you have back pain relief and your knees are doing better. I predict an airplane NSV on that trip! Keep up the good work!

Update- not only could I buckle the seat belt, I had to tighten it. Then, instead of my squishing the man next to me, he fell asleep in MY space and I had to keep pushing his legs back to his own space. In the last few days I also walked to a farmers market and back up one of those crazy SF hills, walked around Haight Ashbury for 2 hours AND walked the SF zoo. I couldn't even walk half a block before. Amazeballs :D

Hope you are enjoying the weather we have provided for you - it is going to be 90 degrees in SF over the next couple of days, which is unheard of in May. You usually need a parka.

We're getting nearly 100 in San Jose the next couple of days - and then on Thursday, my husband and I will be up in SF for the cooldown.

I am enjoying!!! I already have a nice tan working just from walking around, and from Wednesday on, we head up to Napa where we'll have a pool so I'll be even happier! Stay cool Diana :)

Latest posts

Back