8 year surgiversary gloat, bloat and the Rocky theme

Discussion in 'Duodenal Switch' started by kirmy, Jan 1, 2018.

kirmy

kirmy Well-Known Member

I was tucked up in my hotel shaking with fear looking into the eyes of my loving and very scared boyfriend. "I will be fine David FINE so fucking fine...just fine". I was convincing myself while he sat terrified trying to be cool. I knew that if I didn't go ahead with the surgery I would likely commit suicide at some point. I was barely able to wipe my own arse anymore without huffing and puffing and feeling ill. The bullying at work had taken an rapid escalation as my walking became harder and harder and the back pain worse and worse. I was eating myself to death.

It's been 8 years and I have traveled to Croatia where I hired a car and terrified David all over again by driving to Serbia and getting pulled over by the cops...nae bother just waved my Aussie passport and acted like a loud mouthed happy idiot until they gave up trying to extort a bribe out of me and waved me on.

It's been 8 years since I woke up in intensive care after 11.5 hrs in surgery, disorientated, weak and likely suffering from the effects of a small stroke. Meh I recovered.

It's been 8 years and I have climbed 15 mountains, walked two long haul hikes across the country from Glasgow to the Highlands and Inverness to Fort William. I've walked from Pokra to Annapurna in Nepal, I've walked on California beaches as the sun rose, I've swum in seas in each hemisphere. I've holidayed alone in Spain, Australia, I've reconnected with distant family.

It's been 8 years and I have been a cancery bridesmaid, a survivor, and pioneer and friend, a partner and a brave kick arse fuck off woman.

It's been 8 years and I am here. I'm better than I've ever been before and I can honestly say I love this chick. What a total dude.

It's been 8 years since anyone has said you'd be pretty if you lost weight.

It's been 8 years since I tried to make myself as invisible as possible so people wouldn't hurt me.

It's been 8 glorious fucking years.

I'm a fucking unicorn!

I'm small but i fill an entire room. I am authentically me.

I love my DS.

Attached Files:

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Happy surgiversary my friend...

Munchkin

Munchkin Full of Fairy Dust

May you continue to be small and fill up rooms. Be the best unicorn you can be!

JackieOnLine likes this.
    kirmy

kirmy Well-Known Member

Thanks doll. Xxx

Spiky Bugger

Spiky Bugger Well-Known Member

I don't see anything about "Good Luck" phone calls from weird strangers, hot dogs on a stick, or Las Vegas.

You fill up more than rooms, Dear. You fill up hearts.

(I haven't called b/c dealing with a 6mm kidney stone, a UTI and post-concussive syndrome. Probable uro sx late this week.)

Larra

Larra Well-Known Member

You are my very favorite unicorn.

Whit

Whit Well-Known Member

Much love Girlfriend! You are amazing!

DianaCox

DianaCox Bad Cop

Oh it’s so good to see you - Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary of the New You.

And keep writing, dammit!

kirmy

kirmy Well-Known Member

I plan on it xxxxxxx

kirmy

kirmy Well-Known Member

Well I was going to post a pic of your hover hand above David's bum but I decided to keep your anonymity guarded. As for hot dogs on a stick...Jesus God I'd blocked that traumatic incident out and the requirements for wet wipes post. I'm offshore until the 5th. Can you message me your contact details? It's my turn to get my fecking finger out and call.

kirmy

kirmy Well-Known Member

I'm like a sweary Cabbage Patch doll.

kirmy

kirmy Well-Known Member

Right back at you lovely lady and fabulous person

kirmy

kirmy Well-Known Member

It is the plan dear. Assignments, dissertations all that bumpff...argghh

DianaCox

DianaCox Bad Cop

Meh - you know I meant your creative writing!

Charris

Charris Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE been busy