7 Week Post Op Report

BrianChesteen

Glad to be a Loser!
Still doing good. Starting back to more regular activity. Flew my plane for the first time since surgery on Saturday. The weather was so nice I could not resist! Did a ton of work at home repairing and a few upgrade projects. I was worn out but got er done.

Had some significant heartburn a couple days this past week and I am not sure what triggered it. I was able to kill it with some Tums. At the end of 4 weeks the surgeon switched me from (Prilosec OTC) Omeprazole 20mg to (Pepcid) Famotidine 40mg since I had to go back on my (Plavix) Clopidogrel after finishing the (Lovenox) Enoxaparin injections. I never had heartburn with the (Prilosec OTC) Omeprazole so this may have something to do with me getting it this week...Not sure. The Omeprazole seemed to make my stomach feel generally better so I wish I could have stayed on it.

I am into Phase III of my surgeons diet plan which is basically I am allowed to chew now but still required to eat mostly protein. I have started to add some protein snacks to my days to keep my stomach feeling better. Stuff like nuts and jerky.

Since I am down 61lbs, I think my CPAP is cranked up too high causing me issues at night with pumping air into my stomach and guts causing huge burps and gas. I am not eating much if anything that should be causing much gas and the majority of my gas is happening when I have been on the CPAP for a few hours. I am due to go back to the sleep Dr. in March to get re-evaluated. Hopefully I can make it to then. My current pressure is set at a fixed 16. The machine I have has the ability to automatically titrate to the perfect pressure but my prescription is for it to be fixed at 16. I know how to change the settings but the sleep Dr. will know I did because they pull the data from the machine each visit.

That is about all I have to report for this week. Feeling a little more normal each week.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back