6 weeks post op

JPreiss

And I am continuing to do well. I really feel completely normal, have to remind myself to stick to the rules laid out by my surgeon's practice and not rush things. Wanted to start light weightlifting but am going to wait the full 8 weeks, wanted a cup of coffee BAD this morning, but will wait 6 months like I'm supposed to....

Am now on the "normal" food phase, haven't had any problems with anything (other than tomato soup in my full liquid stage). Have had chicken, eggs, deli meat and slow cooker pot roast without incident. And lots of cheese. Man it's nice to eat things like cheese and sour cream after years of avoiding them. Tiny portions of course. Had no choice but to eat out before a preseason NFL game and could only eat about 5 or 6 bites of my delicious chicken. Was very bummed that I didn't have the nerve to get a doggy bag to bring in to the stadium and cart around the rest of the night, ha.

I'm down 22 pounds of the 100 that would be an ideal weight loss. That's good enough for me after years of diets where I lost no weight whatsoever. I had a few weeks where my weight loss slowed to a trickle and of course got scared that this surgery won't work for me and I did all this for nothing, but then lost 3 pounds this past week so hopefully the weight loss has picked back up.

Am keeping on top of hydration, protein and vitamins, pretty smooth sailing thus far. I feel very blessed.

@JPreiss,

Glad to hear you are doing well. That's fantastic. :)

I never heard of waiting six months for coffee. I'm not sure I could have waited that long. I started about a month out.

I am about a month away from surgery so it was great seeing your update. Continued success and keep posting!

@JPreiss congrats on such an uneventful recovery! My doctor wanted me to wait 3 months before having caffeine, but I couldn't hold out. I started after about 6 weeks out, I think.

Going out to eat can be frustrating early out. Good on you for sticking with strictly protein.

You are right to stay away from the gym. Avoid the hernia! They are no fun and the last thing you want right now is MORE surgery!

The smell of coffee grossed me out for about 2 months (UN-POSSIBLE! But it happened.) The minute it smelled good to me, I was back at it, with full fat creamer.

I am about a month away from surgery so it was great seeing your update. Continued success and keep posting!
Thanks! That's why I post -- because I was always interested to hear how people were doing in the first few months after surgery. Best of luck to you!

@JPreiss,

Glad to hear you are doing well. That's fantastic. :)

I never heard of waiting six months for coffee. I'm not sure I could have waited that long. I started about a month out.
That's the rec from my surgical practice, I know others go back sooner. I'm going to hold out as long as I can because I used to drink too much coffee and don't want that to come at expense of drinking water

The smell of coffee grossed me out for about 2 months (UN-POSSIBLE! But it happened.) The minute it smelled good to me, I was back at it, with full fat creamer.
That will be a nice change. When I was tempted and thinking about getting a tall slim latte I stopped and said "wait! No more skim!" Ha

Congrats JPriess! I lost slower than expected too and had some weeks where I didn't lose, but it does happen. Pretty effortlessly too. I liked that. I haven't dieted at all since surgery and yet I lost. Look forward to hearing more progress reports!

Yeah, 10 weeks out from revision surgery...the scale went up a couple of pounds and i am stressing some. Will wait u til lady days are over next week before i rethink everything i am doing.

Latest posts

Back