+5 months stall

I have been on a stall for over 5 months going on 6. I have tried being patient, keeping up on meal tracking, and going to the gym 4 days a week and even changing up my workouts and micros. I have upped my proteins and fats and just can't find that magic number anymore. I am so disheartened, I am grateful to have lost what I have but over the past month playing with my macros and strength training I have gained 10 pounds. My doctor wants me to lose at least another 65 pounds. Should I try to do the keto route? I just didn't know if it's safe being a DS patient and how much I should aim on the macros if anyone has tried it? I am looking for any suggestions to help break this funk and stall, I am about 14 months post op. Should I try to revert to more protein drinks vs food protein for less of a caloric intake? I am taking any suggestions or guidance. I am hungry every 2 hours, and drink 80 oz of water/tea/crystal light a day.

I've never heard of the surgeon you have named doing the DS (and I'm in your state and have been around DS forums for over 11 years). Are you 100% certain you have a DS? Is it possible that you have a SADI/aka SIPS/aka loop DS instead? Though, even with that, you should still be losing at only 14 months out. I think. Especially with all the effort you are putting into this.

I've never heard of the surgeon you have named doing the DS (and I'm in your state and have been around DS forums for over 11 years). Are you 100% certain you have a DS? Is it possible that you have a SADI/aka SIPS/aka loop DS instead? Though, even with that, you should still be losing at only 14 months out. I think. Especially with all the effort you are putting into this.

My Dr is Antonio K. Coirin out of Modesto through Sutter medical, has been one of the main 2 in Modesto for years. I got the DS from what I was told. He also took out at the same time of my DS surgery my appendix and gall bladder. This is why I am going nuts I know people stall but this long... I feel like I am losing my prime time of losing anything and am so worried.

I saw his name under your avatar so I knew who your surgeon was. I know he is an experienced bariatric surgeon, what I don't know is of him doing the DS. Do you have a copy of your operative report?

I saw his name under your avatar so I knew who your surgeon was. I know he is an experienced bariatric surgeon, what I don't know is of him doing the DS. Do you have a copy of your operative report?
No, they never gave me one. I can ask if they can mail me one.

You can get one either from the surgeon or from the hospital. You will need to sign a release and there may be a small copying fee, but you are legally entitled to your medical records.

Hi,

You and I have virtually identical stories. I had my DS 3 weeks before you and have also been stalled (although, at this point, calling it a stall is starting to feel like denial) for 5.5 months. Trust me when I say I completely understand your feelings.

As far as making sure you have a real DS, yes, just get your surgical report which you are entitled to. In the meantime, I wonder if there are tell-tale signs. Are your bathroom habits, odors, volume, etc DS like? Have your lab results been DS like? Were you very low energy after surgery?

The SADI may produce some of the same tell-tale signs as a regular DS, but it's a thought. Somebody who knows more about this than me can perhaps chime in....

In any case, hang in there. You're not alone.

M

There is nothing at all wrong with doing keto. Ideally, when a DSer wants to lose, the lower carb the better. But speaking as another DSer who has been in your boat for decades... Give yourself a weekend off. Eat as you please. Then low carb for 2 weeks and check your results. Cut back on muscle building and work on cardio. Fat burning!

Hi,

You and I have virtually identical stories. I had my DS 3 weeks before you and have also been stalled (although, at this point, calling it a stall is starting to feel like denial) for 5.5 months. Trust me when I say I completely understand your feelings.

As far as making sure you have a real DS, yes, just get your surgical report which you are entitled to. In the meantime, I wonder if there are tell-tale signs. Are your bathroom habits, odors, volume, etc DS like? Have your lab results been DS like? Were you very low energy after surgery?

The SADI may produce some of the same tell-tale signs as a regular DS, but it's a thought. Somebody who knows more about this than me can perhaps chime in....

In any case, hang in there. You're not alone.

M

Well it smells like a DS lol, and flows like one haha I am definitely having different bathroom habits than before surgery in all the DS ways. I had no energy the first 3 months. I am fine now, I still can get some brain fog every once in a while still well I am studying. Vits I am low on D so I am taking 100,000 daily now, then A 25,000, and K 1000. Plus some other various stuff that DSers take. I want to try keto but it says low protein and high fat, but being a DS person I am afraid since we don't absorb all our protein that it would be dangerous so I don't know what Micros would be appropriate to start with.

Latest posts

Back