4 year surgiversary. Bloody hell!

kirmy

Holy shit I forgot!

Well four years ago I was fighting for my life and losing. I was contemplating suicide after living with unbearable work place bullying, constant physical pain and an utterly out of control compulsive eating disorder. I lost my hope. Writing that now I feel estranged utterly.

My starting weight was between 154-158 kgs. I topped the scales at 25 stones...no idea in pounds. I was huge. I had unbearable hip pain that meant I couldn't stand or bend over for more than a minute at a time before I became sweaty and sick with the pain. I had PCOS and what was thought as lupus by the butterfly rash on my face. Because I was a fat mess no one really looked too far past my fat to diagnose me properly despite my assertions. I gave up wanting to live through this shit.

My last change saloon was when I found an obesity web site forum full of most of you bitches and bastards, squabbling and laughing and encouraging and chiding. What beautiful chaos it was. Soon I was immersed in the community asserting my self esteem as best I could. You guys listened and loved me though the darkest of times. I was given a kick up the arse and pointed towards the DS by Pekin Sal and Rose over here in the UK. I thought fuck it! I was wanting to top myself so really dying on the table took that responsibility out of my hands didn't it?

I almost died ironically. I had a big old inter operative bleed after a two tears in my lesser omentum caused my spleen to leak. They found my dicky clotting factor issues during this 11.5hr rocket to the crypt. My beloved David was fraught and overwhelmed waiting while I fought for life despite my self. I spent a couple of days in ITU. I only remember the last hour of it and 9 days in Kings College Hospital. I was flooded with messages and well wishes and phone calls from you guys. I felt loved and wanted and fucking tired! It was a hard struggle initially. It was also my expectation so I just went along with it and didn't give two shits.

I have had stunning results. In under a year I was close to goal. By the second year I was a tiny size 6-8 USA and a size 8-10UK. I AM STILL A SIZE 10Uk Or a size 8 USA. I'm as fit as an athlete and have made a body that I never believed I could ever have. I have changed my career and now work offshore tripling my wages and freeing half of my life for leisure time and loving life. I am utterly divorced from the sweet, hurt and damaged Kirstin of the past.

I stride into 2014 feeling like an Amazon and beating my shield. Bring it on! This bitch has a right hook that could drop a giant and I'm ready. I am free and I am fierce. I love this. Thank you to the mentors, the critics and lovers and the haters. You've made me who I am today....and I am awesome!

:barefoot:

Last edited:
What the fuck did auto correct do to my title? It reads like a Japanese Anglo t-shirt.

You ROCK, you TOTALLY rock
and then you rock some MORE. I didn't know this was your initial journey. Have heard references to a rough start after surgery but had no idea the extent. Congrats on emerging not just victorious but awesome and happy. Brava!!

Mucho congrats Kirmy!

Hey Liz - in your copious free time, is there something like a lite version of a photo-editor we can put in so we can do simple things like resize our posted pix, or flip them when they post upside down or sideways?

Happy Anniversary, Kirmy! You are amazing, beautiful, full of humor. You deserve all the happiness you are experiencing in life. Congrats!

Mucho congrats Kirmy!

Hey Liz - in your copious free time, is there something like a lite version of a photo-editor we can put in so we can do simple things like resize our posted pix, or flip them when they post upside down or sideways?
FREE time, LOL...yeah, I'll look.

Latest posts

Back