304lbs down so far!!! :)

Roo, You are beautiful inside and out and always have been. If only you could see yourself through my eyes! Your curves are lovely and just enhance your glowing, flawless skin, incredible bone structure, and charming smile. Many would love to look just like you!

Roo, You are beautiful inside and out and always have been. If only you could see yourself through my eyes! Your curves are lovely and just enhance your glowing, flawless skin, incredible bone structure, and charming smile. Many would love to look just like you!

oh my!!! Thank you so much! I could argue each and everything you said lol but I will graciously take a compliment (something Im trying to learn to do!).

I've faked confidence and vanity so long Im not sure how to react when I feel properly pretty lol. (And I felt really pretty that day!)

@DuodenalSwitchaRoo girl you have truly done the damn thing. It amazes me when you say you have low confidence. Even before you lost weight I envied the fact that you were so self confident. Not ashamed of who you were. If you haven't always truly felt that way you deserve an Academy award for best actress. You have faked it well. I would never ever believed that at any time you didn't feel you are absolutely gorgeous.

@DuodenalSwitchaRoo girl you have truly done the damn thing. It amazes me when you say you have low confidence. Even before you lost weight I envied the fact that you were so self confident. Not ashamed of who you were. If you haven't always truly felt that way you deserve an Academy award for best actress. You have faked it well. I would never ever believed that at any time you didn't feel you are absolutely gorgeous.

Im super good at acting. Like super good.

I don't admit this much, but I have aspie tendencies. I say tendencies as Im too old (and female) to even worry about a diagnosis, but I spent my whole childhood failing at social life. Then I discovered acting and imitation. I imitated people and failed at A LOT of social things, but it got better with each fail as I was able to file that in my brain and use it next time. I don't feel like I mastered childhood until I was 30, and by then it was too late! gah! Explains my immature and childlike nature :)

I tell you what, google is a LIFE SAVER when people reference things you do not understand! ha. I don't look quite a dumb anymore :)

I know that scale shows weight but you have to remember that you lost over 300 lbs but the skin is still there making you heavier and not giving your desired body shape. I have seen articles say an abominoplasty removes from 5 to 120 lbs skin. With the considerable amcount of weight that you have done a wonderful job of shedding you have to have a significant amount of weight in your apron alone. Does the UK system cover abominoplasty surgery? Obviously this would do wonders for you physically and with your selfimage.

Im super good at acting. Like super good.

I don't admit this much, but I have aspie tendencies. I say tendencies as Im too old (and female) to even worry about a diagnosis, but I spent my whole childhood failing at social life. Then I discovered acting and imitation. I imitated people and failed at A LOT of social things, but it got better with each fail as I was able to file that in my brain and use it next time. I don't feel like I mastered childhood until I was 30, and by then it was too late! gah! Explains my immature and childlike nature :)

I tell you what, google is a LIFE SAVER when people reference things you do not understand! ha. I don't look quite a dumb anymore :)

To quote a famous philosopher from Limeyland who I just read an hour ago on FB, Dude! :D

Stupid people don't have the intellect to do the things you just described. You are a bright and resourceful young lady who knows how to find information.

Your acting or imitation of desirable behavior you observed others demonstrating is something that I know that I have done many times in life, sometimes conscientiously or unconsciously. Now if everything in life is inmitating others then that could be a problem but you have to damn much personality for that to be the case.

To quote a famous philosopher from Limeyland who I just read an hour ago on FB, Dude! :D

Stupid people don't have the intellect to do the things you just described. You are a bright and resourceful young lady who knows how to find information.

Your acting or imitation of desirable behavior you observed others demonstrating is something that I know that I have done many times in life, sometimes conscientiously or unconsciously. Now if everything in life is inmitating others then that could be a problem but you have to damn much personality for that to be the case.

hahahaha if only I only imitated desired behaviours lmao. I had a steep learning curve growing up! And even still! You know whats fun? Just getting the hang of social cues and then moving to a completely different culture lmao. Fun times!

I cope because Im smart, however, I make my fair share of enemies in the process of figuring out the social world. I do not understand female friendship at all. I struggle, like REALLY struggle to be fake and shallow....Im all or nothing. My high school years were spent hanging out with jock boys...you know, the non-threatening fat girl can hang with the hot guys and not have it be a thing lol.

I still struggle with female relationships. I say the wrong things, do the wrong things, react to little things in big ways....meh.

I have personality for sure, it's just childlike and overly optimistic most of the time haha.

I know that scale shows weight but you have to remember that you lost over 300 lbs but the skin is still there making you heavier and not giving your desired body shape. I have seen articles say an abominoplasty removes from 5 to 120 lbs skin. With the considerable amcount of weight that you have done a wonderful job of shedding you have to have a significant amount of weight in your apron alone. Does the UK system cover abominoplasty surgery? Obviously this would do wonders for you physically and with your selfimage.

I wish I knew how much of my weight is skin. I feel like Im banging my head against a wall trying to get lower. My body just don't wanna!

I wish I knew how much of my weight is skin. I feel like Im banging my head against a wall trying to get lower. My body just don't wanna!
I bet it is significant. Your face is very thin looking so I bet it is more skin than anything.

And regarding being friends with other women, we guys can't figure you women out either! :D

I bet it is significant. Your face is very thin looking so I bet it is more skin than anything.

And regarding being friends with other women, we guys can't figure you women out either! :D
Mike jokes that he got lucky with me cos Im like a boy with girl bits lol. I do make up and hair but not to the extent other girls/women do and I only do it to appear normal. However, on the inside Im one fart joke away from passing out laughing :)

Mike jokes that he got lucky with me cos Im like a boy with girl bits lol. I do make up and hair but not to the extent other girls/women do and I only do it to appear normal. However, on the inside Im one fart joke away from passing out laughing :)
I won't tell you what and old guy I used to work with would tell a lady we worked with (he was a boss). Okay, I will tell you....can't help it. He would say, Debbie you know that when babies are born they all have a stem, but they just break that stem off the dumb ones. :p

I DIDN'T SAY I,T THE OLD GUY I USED TO WORK WITH DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Runs for the hills before a 98% female dominate board brings the castrating tools!!!!!

:D :p :D :p

I just found this post. You are truly inspiring, @DuodenalSwitchaRoo!!! :):geek::) I started my weight loss journey around 450 lbs, and I have felt super heavy compared to a lot of other DSers. It's good to know that even ladies of our size make it through the surgery successfully.

To be honest, I have a problem with negative thoughts as well. I stumbled upon an article discussion ANTS - automatic negative thoughts, how to recognize them, and how to get rid of them with your own anteaters. I have worked on getting rid of my own ants for several years now, and I have managed to make a dent in their population. If you google the term "automatic negative thoughts", you can find several psychological articles about them. Maybe you can build your own anteaters, assuming you still need them. I don't know if you do, because you sound quite positive and cheerful about your life.

And you are not a fraud. Inspiration is in the eye of the beholder, and you are a joyful wonder to behold.

Latest posts

Back