2 years later.......

Omgosh you look amazing! You give me inspiration to change out of my snugly fleece pants into something more fashionable. Well, it's cold today, so maybe tomorrow. I see you were standing by a gas fire in one pic - the price you need to pay to not freeze to death for beauty.
I think my buddy @Charris lives in Phoenix. I lived in Chandler for 3 years - southeast valley suburb of Pahonix, so I am pretty familiar with their weather............so don't feel to sorry for her with this cold stuff! :D

BTW we are supposed to get up to 8 inches of snow tonight here in lovely Central, IL, so I will gladly take one of those cold Valley of the sun nights where it might dip down to 40 degrees but be back to 80 during the day....man I hate living in a cold weather area again and would move back to Phoenix or Cali in a heartbeat.

RANT - Cali if I could find a job to pay for a house that is going to cost $800K or more - guess it must be dual income professionals living there because I know most people aren't making $200K plus annually (not everyone is a rock star making millions). I have good earning potential but my wife's isn't quite as high so we really live off my income for the most part...well we did before F***ing CAT laid me off..so to move to Cali it would take a big income and from my comparisons they don't really pay anymore there than they do in Illinois where that same house is $250-$300K.

Anyway, sorry for the rant...... our lady is on fire in these pictures so I think her radiant heat from being smoking hot will allow her to survive the frozen tundra of Pahonix! :D

I think my buddy @Charris lives in Phoenix. I lived in Chandler for 3 years - southeast valley suburb of Pahonix, so I am pretty familiar with their weather............so don't feel to sorry for her with this cold stuff! :D

BTW we are supposed to get up to 8 inches of snow tonight here in lovely Central, IL, so I will gladly take one of those cold Valley of the sun nights where it might dip down to 40 degrees but be back to 80 during the day....man I hate living in a cold weather area again and would move back to Phoenix or Cali in a heartbeat.

I moved from Phx (35th & Northern) for several years and moved up to NW Washington in 2002. I thought I was going to freeze to death my first winter but I acclimated quickly. Now I can't stand anything hotter than 80F and I absolutely LOVE winter. You can have the heat... I'll take the cold. And snow... if it ever snows here again *sigh*

RANT - Cali if I could find a job to pay for a house that is going to cost $800K or more - guess it must be dual income professionals living there because I know most people aren't making $200K plus annually (not everyone is a rock star making millions). I have good earning potential but my wife's isn't quite as high so we really live off my income for the most part...well we did before F***ing CAT laid me off..so to move to Cali it would take a big income and from my comparisons they don't really pay anymore there than they do in Illinois where that same house is $250-$300K.
! :D

There's always Fresno... bwahahahaha

I was raised in the central valley and it's, quite simply, a little slice of hell. But then, YMMV :)

Here in Chicago's North Shore, it is snowing snowballs instead of snowflakes. We've got a few inches already. Brrrrrrrr and grrrrrr. I'll be at Starved Rock for Thanksgiving next week and really wanted to enjoy the scenery, but I may do it from a window seat now. Not sure if that's near you @BebeZed, but I love that area.

Here in Chicago's North Shore, it is snowing snowballs instead of snowflakes. We've got a few inches already. Brrrrrrrr and grrrrrr. I'll be at Starved Rock for Thanksgiving next week and really wanted to enjoy the scenery, but I may do it from a window seat now. Not sure if that's near you @BebeZed, but I love that area.
Starved Rock will be beautiful if the snow is still there. Enjoy!

We only got a few inches. We are about 5 miles south of I-74 and it seems like that is a line of demarcation where above that line more precipitation tends to be realized.

I have a niece in the Greys Lake OT round lake area and she posted pictures last night and it looks like you guys did get nailed.

My wife was all worried yesterday because our youngest, Collin was driving up to Elmhurst to spend the weekend with his old football team buds. I being the dumbass that I am, was teasing her and giving her a hard time about being nervous Nelly. :p

@BebeZed we moved to the valley on July 4th 2002 and were there for three years. Riggs and Val Vista.... Thought we were as far south and east as we could get.

Btw I would love to move to the west coast. Cali, Washington, Oregon.... So I am looking but easier said than done because jobs that I am searching for are tough to find (plant/general manager, or Director of Manufacturing or Program Management in the IT infrastructure space - most of my career is manufacturing but I have been in around IT in priject/prigram manage to since 07)....so feel free to hook me up if you hear anything! :D

Latest posts

Back