2 weeks out

Over 9 years post-op and I've never had to supplement B12. In fact, sometimes my levels are quite high. It's just one of the many things we have to check and supplement IF needed. All medical care should be individualized, even when it comes to things like the DS and/or malabsorption.

B12 can also be absorbed sublingual, which many patients with gastric bypass use rather than injections.

Were you people not prescrbed B12 shots? I was. I have to give them to myself every other week.
Ok - that is a lie. I am big a chicken. I run down to my mother's house and make her give them to me. I can do everything myself except push that plunger. I cringe and tense up and just can't do it.
Nope and I take no B12 and I am still above the high end of range

My B12 skyrocketed with supplementation. I don't take any additional now besides what is in my multivitamin.

My Surgery buddy! I am thrilled to hear you are doing so well! a veggie burger! crap ole! I am still doing liquids and just starting yogurt but I will get there. I will admit to really enjoying the bacon burger commercials that Arby's has right now. there is no way in hell I could eat that, but in a few, I will be giving it a try!

Latest posts

Back