15 day Post Op Report

Ok, no problem here.

Back off to 3/day?

Other suggestion?

The only evidence I need is the knowledge and experience of you vets.

@Elizabeth N. , I have "seen the light" :)

Last edited:
@Elizabeth N. ,

To go along with my prior post, I would also like to publicly apologize to you for how we got off to the wrong foot in the other group. I realize now that you are very passionate about your efforts to educate those that have chosen to go down the DS road. At first I totally misread your true intentions. We are from different parts of the country where folks are just different in their delivery and I am truly sorry that I could not see past that. :IMABB:

I truly thank you and the other vets for opening my eyes to how bad the nutritional information handed out by most surgeons can be. :wtg:

Let me get this straight - you are not even 3 weeks post op and you are already taking 9 multi vitamins, drinking 90 ounces of water, and eating/drinking 90 grams of protein. In my opinion, you need to slow the hell down.

Your insides are still very raw from surgery - they need time to heal. It can take a couple of months for your insides to completely heal. Just because there are no external scars (except for a few small incisions from the lap tools) doesn't mean you're completely healed. But glad you're feeling good.

The general rule of thumb for protein is 30/60/90 -- 30 grams of protein by 30 days post-op, 60 grams of protein by 60 days post-op, and 90 grams by 90 days post-op. Drinking water is good (get as much as you can), and you should be experimenting with vitamins - maybe a couple of multis. Like EN said, you're ODing on certain vits/mins that you don't need to by taking 9 multi vitamins. Start with Vitalady's regime slowly - one at a time. Give yourself a couple of weeks to work your way up to what you should be taking.

This is a marathon - not a sprint.

:)Thank you for your apology, I appreciate it very much !

I suspect that if we'd had those conversations in person, my "delivery" would not have been in question. Words sound very different in conversation than in writing. I realize this, but I have found over the years that trying to alleviate that issue can be a lost cause in Internet communications.

I think that at this point, you would do well to do two things: One, go to a different type of multi. I prefer the Centrum type over the One a Day type. I'll throw in a plug for the Kirkland multi that's like Centrum, as it's better than Centrum in a few things. Also, having that much calcium carbonate in the One a Day is going to interfere with absorption of some other things in that vite.

I think that at this point, one or two Centrum-type multis twice a day would be plenty and would not overload your system with possibly difficult stuff like the calcium carbonate and craptons of B6.

Let me get this straight - you are not even 3 weeks post op and you are already taking 9 multi vitamins, drinking 90 ounces of water, and eating/drinking 90 grams of protein. In my opinion, you need to slow the hell down.
Your insides are still very raw from surgery - they need time to heal. It can take a couple of months for your insides to completely heal. Just because there are no external But glad you're feeling good.
:YEAHTHAT1::agreed:

:)Thank you for your apology, I appreciate it very much !

I suspect that if we'd had those conversations in person, my "delivery" would not have been in question. Words sound very different in conversation than in writing. I realize this, but I have found over the years that trying to alleviate that issue can be a lost cause in Internet communications.

I think that at this point, you would do well to do two things: One, go to a different type of multi. I prefer the Centrum type over the One a Day type. I'll throw in a plug for the Kirkland multi that's like Centrum, as it's better than Centrum in a few things. Also, having that much calcium carbonate in the One a Day is going to interfere with absorption of some other things in that vite.

I think that at this point, one or two Centrum-type multis twice a day would be plenty and would not overload your system with possibly difficult stuff like the calcium carbonate and craptons of B6.

Thanks @Elizabeth N. , I have the Kirkland Multi from the Vitalady starter kit, I will switch to that and do as you suggest 2ea 2x a day. I am working on a spreadsheet to compare what my surgeon suggest (just for reference, I am not following their advice with his vits) and a modified Vitalady plan. I would like to ask that you guys review my revisions and see if it makes sense for a newbie with a couple other health issues. Once you guys give it the thumbs up, I will slowly start working toward that new regimen.

@jpcello As far as protein goes, 98% of what protein I am getting is in liquid form from my shakes (made with milk and a tad bit of peanut butter) and is mostly Whey Isolate. It goes down easy and is not bothering me at all. Is it OK to keep doing this or should I reduce it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back