13 y.o. DSer posting desperate plight

I called it first: TWEAKER. Only tweakers can be dismissed as patients legally like this. I know, I've done it IRL.

Well, if you double space after each word, some programs (e.g., my cell phone text program) will automatically insert a period after the word and capitalize the next word.

Love Godwin's Law. Cracks me the hell up. Probably because it's true. As are the corollaries.

From wiki-something:

Stormfront and other corollaries
A number of corollaries have been proposed since the introduction of Godwin's Law.

In a hilarious instance of cosmic symmetry, a similar law applies to neo-Nazi boards such as Stormfront: as the discussion grows longer, the probability of someone calling their opponent a Jew approaches one. (For another version, replace Stormfront with Conservapediaand Jew with liberal.)

Another example of a corollary, and an early example, is called "Sircar's Corollary," which is: “If the Usenet discussion touches onhomosexuality or Heinlein, Nazis or Hitler are mentioned within three days.”'[7]

Another corollary was proposed by Buddy Larson in the comments to a post about Kristallnacht, on the "Volokh Conspiracy" blog, in November 2010:

“”As an online discussion of an original post concerning Nazis or Hitler grows, the probability of observing a laboured and unwarranted retreat or appeal to Godwin's Law (of laboured, unwarranted retreat to Nazi or Hitler references) approaches one.[8]

A corollary for feminists is:

“”As an online discussion about sexism continues, the probability of a woman who speaks out being called a feminazi approaches 1.[9]

How very sad for her. She needs her surgery reversed immediately before she commits suicide by DS.

No, that's someone else. Ava is her name

What ever happened to that one? As irritating as the smilies were, it was like watching a train wreck in progress seeing what she posted. I'm hoping she's doing better, I haven't seen a post from her since I left OH due to privacy concerns.

I love Godwin's Law. I learn so much on this forum from people like EN and Diana. When my kids were in Catholic school, there was a very disturbing trend among the kids to call people a "jew" or say "that's jewish" as an insult. When it happened in MY car, I got the opportunity to school my kids' friends on how ridiculous the insult really was. I challenged them to come up with (go ahead, call me a Queen Bitch, I consider it a compliment) more creative, deeper insults, not dictated by peer pressure or attempts to be cool. I also told them, like I told my own kids, to learn to laugh at themselves, often. Because that's what healthy, happy people do, laugh at themselves. People who take themselves too seriously aren't fun to be around. And who doesn't like a good "your mother" insult? My husband often says to me "your mother is left handed", because that's a going joke between us. While she was alive, it was a common running gag between mama and my husband. He'd say "I bet you can't do that left handed" and she'd laugh really hard. Laughter is the best medicine.

Wow Diana, I'm glad you posted this. It sounds like she is the equivalent of some of the PB characters that came through bit a bit more extreme!

Latest posts

Back