1 week post-surgery

DBmom23

Hard to believe that i was in the OR exactly one week ago. Every day is still different with things changing in terms of pain, GI noises/outputs, energy level, etc. I'm back at work now keeping a low profile and blocking my late afternoon schedule so i can leave early. This was a personal choice after lots of thought as to whether i wanted to take more time off and provide more information such as, "I'm having a medical procedure", or just take a week off and leave it unspoken (which i chose to do). It's not easy, but i don't have regrets, at least now. I am not nearly 100% physically or mentally, but enough to make it through the day.

I have not been hungry but have been trying to eat what i can--getting in 30-50 grams protein a day with 1-2 shakes and the rest coming from food. i think my energy level picks up after i eat so even though i don't sense hunger yet, it's good for me on many levels to keep my intake up.
Hydration has not been a problem for me==getting at least 64 oz in every day. This might be bc i received a 4oz sleeve and have always been a huge (water) drinker.
Still waiting to have something even close to a normal bowel movement. That's all i'll say on that except that i haven't had any accidents or even close calls, maybe because there's so little action.

@duh_Mom, if you're out there reading posts, please know i am thinking of you as my surgery twin and hoping you are doing well. no pressure to post--just sending you good vibes!

The bowel movements will normalize. Mine took a good 2 weeks to become "new normal"

Latest posts

Back