1 1/2 YEARS out from surgery and most recent blood work results

Kittykatkris

Hey every one just wanted to say hi!
I recently had blood work done and wanted to post it for all the vets to let me know if they see anything dangerous going on.

I did have some things point to anemia however my iron and b12 is fine. I also had a ANA blood test and it was positive and speckled pattern.

So I am pretty sure all that is pointing towards Lupus. My mother and grandmother were told at one point they most likely had lupus but they never looked into it with their doctors.

I have doctors appointment on the 5th of June so I will be going over all that and the blood work with him then. And will update the thread

I am currently 127 lb, the lowest I went down to was 122 lbs. But i bounced back and have stayed at 127-128 for about 3 months now. So I am pretty sure thats it, 127 is were I am going to stay. I would not mind gaining a few more pounds back as I can see bones and I have saggy skin in some areas that are in desperate need of filling out lol!

Thanks again to everyone on the boards, I dont always comment but I do read a lot of the posts and information which helps so much!

Results MAY 25/2017

Sodium
139 mmol/l
Ref Rang 135-146
------------
Potassium
3.1 mmol/L LOW
ref range 3.5-5.1
-----------
Chloride
102 mmol/L
Ref Range 96-107
------------
Bicarbonate
23 mmol/L
21-31
------------
Glucose Level
71 mg/dl
Ref Range 70-99
------------
BUN
6mg/dL
Ref Range 5-20
------------
Creatinine
0.64 mg/dL
Ref Range 0.50-1.20
------------
Creatinine Whole Blood
0.5 mg/dL
Ref Range 0.5-1.2
------------
GFR, non African American
Ref Range >60
------------
Anion Gap
14 mmol/L
Ref Range 9-18
------------
Calcium
8.7 mg/dL
Ref Range 8.6-10.2
------------
Bilirubin Total
0.3 mg/dL
Ref Range 0.0-1.2
------------
ALT (SGPT)
27 IU/L
Ref Range 0-33
------------
AST (sgot)
32 iu/L
Ref Range 0-32
------------
Alk Phos
56 iu/l
Ref Range
39-117
------------
Albumin
3.8 g/dL
Ref Range 3.5-4.8
------------
Total Protein
6.6 g/dL
Ref Range 6.4-8.3
------------
Iron
91 ug/dL
Ref Range 30-160
------------
Calculated TIBC
256 ug/dl
Ref Range 225-465
------------
Triglyceride
56 mg/dL
Ref Range <150
------------
Cholesterol Total
123 mg/dL
Ref Range <200
------------
HDL Cholesterol
60 mg/dL
------------
LDL cholesterol
52 mg/dL
Ref Range <130
------------
VDLD Cholesterol
11 mg/dL
Ref Range <30
------------
Vitamin b12
934 pg/mL
Ref Range 211-946
------------
Folate
12.5 ng/mL
Ref Range 4.8-24.2
------------
Ferritin
179.9 ng/mL HIGH
Ref Range 15-150
------------
HGB A1C
4.6% LOW
Ref Range 4.8-5.6
------------
PTH Intact
29.6 pg/mL
Ref Range 15-65
------------
Vitamin d 25 hydroxy
37 ng/mL
Ref Range 30-80
------------
WBC count
6.30 k/uL
Ref Range 4.80-10.80
------------
RBC Count
3.9 M/uL LOW
Ref Range 4.20-5.40
------------
Hemoglobin
11.5 g/dL LOW
Ref Range 12-16
------------
Hematocrit
34.6% LOW
Ref Range 37-47%
------------
MCV
88.7 fL
Ref Range 80-97
------------
MCH
29.5 pg
Ref Range 27-31
------------
MCHC
33.2 g/dL
Ref Range 33-37
------------
RDW
12.5%
Ref Range 11.2-14.8
------------
PLT COUNT
320 K/uL
Ref Range 150-350
------------
MPV
9.3 fL
Ref Range 8-12
------------
N RBCs aucto
0.0/100wbc
------------
Transferrin
205 mg/dL
Ref Range 180-372
------------
Copper Level
------------
Selenium Serum Level
------------
Vitamin A Retinol mg/L
------------
Vitamin A retinyl palmitate mg/L
------------
Vit A interpretation
Normal
------------
Vitamin b1 wb
------------
Vitamin e alpha tocopherol
------------
Vitamin e gamma tocopherol
------------
Zinc

Hey KKK! Good to hear from you. I'm 18 mo out too and we're both approx the same weight. I just had a lower body lift cuz no amount of exercise or firming creams was gonna touch the masses of wrinkly, swaying loose skin.

I think your D and Zinc are trending too low. I would increase your supplements. (What have they been on prior tests?)

Can't speak to anything else incl ANA. I once had positive ANA twenty years ago... and the next test I didn't.

Glad you're doing well.

HI THERE!!
Yes I am going to be more consistent with Vit D, Calcium, Potassium, and Zinc
But other then that I thought my results were good with no signs of impending doom. Lol but I could be wrong cause I am no expert.

I have loose skin but I dont know if its enough to justify a lift. Once I get the funds I was going to look into those places that claim they can tighten skin with no surgery. See what results I get with that but that wouldnt be until next year sometime.

I am so glad you are doing well!!

Have you had any trouble with your blood work?

"Be more consistent"? Uh-oh. What does that mean? Please tell me you are taking your supplements daily and in appropriate doses. Don't monkey around with this cuz trying to climb out of a nutritional hole could be difficult and cause permanent damage. You don't want that.

My blood work is ok. I keep my results in an Excel spreadsheet so I can scan across and see if results are trending up or down, then I quickly add or subtract supplements. My protein levels continue to slip lower and lower and yet my protein intake is good. (My protein levels have been low normal my entire life, even while spending years on Atkins when I ate like 24 ounces of meat a day. Don't know why.)

You're almost half my age so your skin has better elasticity. Good for you! And if your young skin has such good elasticity it is still possible it may shrink a bit more in the next year. I'd be wary of skin tightening without surgery, though. I consulted with many top notch plastic surgeons and no one said anything positive about laser or Coolsculpting for skin tightening after weight loss. There's a lot of charlatan plastic surgeons out there who are eager to take money from the desperate. Please be suspicious.

Update your profile pic. I bet you look even more beautiful.

Well I take certain vitamins daily, however I had a few that went too high (way high) and doctor instructed me to stop taking them so I did.
And I was staying pretty good and even with results. Now I am starting to dip a little low so I am going to add them daily (example Vit D and Calcium I took about every 2-3 days) Now I need to start everyday.
I have a 250 common channel so mine is a bit longer then most and I absorb a lot more then most.

Doing an excel spreadsheet is a good idea. I have it all in a patient portal so I can click on it and see what it was before. I have been keeping an eye on them anything dipping I am going to start taking daily again.
But it doesnt seem like its too many things that started to dip.

Some of my family and friends had mentioned the same thing, that since I am younger my skin might still tighten up a little more. I hope so!
I am not sure about the cool sculpting or laser was just something I was gonna look into but I cant afford it right now so it doesnt matter lol!

I updated my pic lol thanks so much

I am thrilled! Except for the skin, loose skin makes a different kind of self conscious. So I dont like to wear bathing suits or tank tops. I could fly you any where you wanted to go with my bat wings lol they are pretty bad. And my booty which was my crowning glory prior to surgery now looks like a deflated balloon old lady booty.
But its ok at least I am way healthier now. And hoping skin gets tighter on its own

I am sure you look great too!

Thanks Southernlady
I am definitely taking D and Calcium daily from now on regardless of it getting towards the higher point (listened to the doctor which I know you shouldnt always do).
Does everything else look good to you?
Hope all is well with you!

Skin will continue to shrink slowly for up to 2 years after massive weight loss. I wouldn't be expecting a lot of improvement, but SOME! And Laser/cool sculpting is mostly hype and probably won't give you much in the way of results.

Looks pretty good to me! You already know what you need to do!

I agree your zinc is right on the edge. Be careful supplementing too much, though because it can offset your copper levels, which are good now. There are two caution signs in these results, not flashing, but more like the low-oil light in the dashboard. Your albumin and total protein are near the low edge--not off yet, but not solid either. Just be consistent about eating at least 75-85g protein daily. The low hemoglobin A1c indicates your blood sugar is frequently too low, so you might want to make sure you eat every 3 hours and not go longer. But overall you are right there are no impending signals of doom, just little tweaks. Congrats on the weight loss!

Thanks everyone, yes so far on my mental list is more protein, zinc, D, and calcium. And I do try to eat a little every few hours they had me fast the night before for the blood work and I woke up late so it was done about 12 hours after I had eaten last! I am concerned of the anemia flags so just waiting to hear what the doctor has to say.

Thanks again for all the input I am by no means a expert and always need fresh and experienced eyes!

Oh that is good to hear that my skin might still tighten up a lil more. Did I mention "the girls" are like two plums in a flour sack?
Hahaha maybe one day I will be able to get some cosmetic surgery to fix the remaining sagging issues.

And my picture is deceiving I have learned how to smush my arms down so you cant see the skin thats sagging!

Latest posts

Back